Are you planning on traveling over the holidays and want to explore the beautifully quaint town of Lancaster, right in the heart of Central Pennsylvania? The Fulton Steamboat Inn, a unique, full-service hotel in Pennsylvania Dutch country, is a destination in and of itself. From delicious food, unique gift shops, fire pits, holiday themed train rides, dazzling light displays, dinner theaters and visits with Santa Claus just minutes away, the Fulton Steamboat Inn is ready to help you and your family savor what is left of 2020 and make lasting memories this holiday season!
(Photo courtesy of KitchenKettle.com)
If the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic the past eight months has taught us anything, it’s the value of quality time spent with our loved ones. Come escape to the Fulton Steamboat Inn and feel right at home with our safe and welcoming lodging accommodations. With a variety of on-site amenities, such as our heated indoor pool, fire pits, gift shop and playground – there’s something for the whole family to enjoy! Dine on some delicious food and drinks at Huckleberry’s Restaurant right here on our hotel’s premises. The Fulton Steamboat Inn staff looks forward to welcoming you to their hotel and helping you plan an enjoyable stay in beautiful Lancaster, PA this holiday season.
Check out some of these fun holiday experiences to enjoy with your family and friends in our area this winter:
- Theater – The Dutch Apple Dinner Theater establishment is taking Covid-19 safety precautions seriously (masks required, seating is spaced out and temperatures checks are taken upon arrival) while still entertaining their guests with festive theatrical shows and delicious food. Enjoy the modern holiday classic, Elf, while feasting on a variety of holiday buffets and served meals. Sight & Sound Theatres, located very close to our hotel, is currently putting on a Queen Esther You can also enjoy a brand-new Yuletide comedy at the Bird-in-Hand Stage called The GÜT Life! Christmas with the Yoders & Nick!. Surprise your kids with a captivating holiday themed variety magic show at the Magic & Wonder Theater in Paradise, PA. The theatrical options are endless this holiday season in Lancaster!
- Holiday Light Tours – Load up the family in your car and head to a local holiday light tour attraction to truly get in the holiday spirit! For some, staying put in the warmth of your car and enjoying miles of holiday lights from afar is preferred. Here are some good ones to look into while still staying close to the Fulton Steamboat Inn: Christmas Spirit Light Show (Lancaster, PA), Hershey Sweet Lights (Hershey, PA) and Christmas Light Drive-Thru (Elizabethtown, PA). Although Dutch Winter Wonderland is closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, you can still enjoy Dutch Wonderland’s Holiday Lights drive-through experience this holiday season. Enjoy hundreds of thousands of lights, hot cocoa, a small train ride and even a socially-distanced photo with Santa Claus!
- Holiday Experiences – If you and your family are ready to get out and experience some holiday festivities (while staying within CDC guidelines), Central PA has got you covered! Consider walking through Koziar’s Christmas Village, located in Bernville, PA with over one million Christmas lights. Just under an hour away from the Fulton Steamboat Inn is coveted Hersheypark. While lodging with us this holiday season, be sure to check out Hersheypark Christmas Candylane. They have decked the halls with more than 5 million lights for their most merry event of the year! You and your family can ride your favorite rides and coasters, visit with Santa and his reindeer and enjoy festive experiences all throughout the park. Facial coverings, timed entry passes and social distancing are just some of the COVID-19 precautions these locations are taking to keep their guests safe.
- Holiday Train Rides – Bask in the holiday novelties of fresh baked cookies, Santa and holiday music while you travel with your family on America’s oldest operating railroad. The Strasburg Railroad dates all the way back to 1832! Enjoy a peaceful ride through beautiful Amish countryside while listening to audio commentary, which provides interesting facts and history. They offer a variety of Christmas train rides, complete with visits from Santa Claus, holiday stories and even opportunities to get a fresh cut Christmas tree.
Come Visit Us at The Fulton Steamboat Inn!
From our unique steamboat designed hotel with nautical and Victorian themed guest rooms, lots of nice amenities to enjoy with the whole family to an abundance of nearby holiday-themed fun to be had, you’ll love visiting the Fulton Steamboat Inn! In accordance with state law, we are following all current safety guidelines surrounding COVID-19 mandates. To see the steps we are taking to keep you safe during your stay, please click here. For the safety of our team and other guests, we ask all Fulton Steamboat Inn guests to wear masks when they enter the hotel and to follow social distancing guidelines while lodging with us. For more information about how we are keeping you safe during your stay, click here.
Feel free to make a reservation online or by contacting us at (717) 299-9999. There are still great opportunities for special memories to be made this holiday season right here in Lancaster, PA!
* While booking experiences in the Lancaster/Central PA area during your stay at the Fulton Steamboat Inn, be sure to review the specific websites carefully to ensure their hours of operation, capacity limits, etc. are up to date and accurate.