Spring has sprung and it’s time to get outdoors again! While lodging in Lancaster, PA this spring, there are endless trails and adventures waiting for you. Lancaster County’s seemingly endless Amish countryside back roads and scenic trails provide a beautiful backdrop for breathtaking biking, hiking and other outdoor adventure. Springtime is here and there’s no better way to soak in the scenery than by slowing down and biking or hiking your way through Pennsylvania Dutch Country.
Shake off cabin fever and head outside to enjoy these 7 outdoor adventures:
- Refreshing Mountain (Stevens, PA) – Have you always wondered what it would be like to go ziplining? If so, why not check out an abundance of outdoor adventure options (public and private tours available) available at Refreshing Mountain Retreat and Adventure Center in Stevens, PA? Various ziplines, aerial challenge obstacles and sky bridges await you in beautiful Lancaster County this spring.
- Historic Lancaster Walking Tour (Downtown Lancaster) – Beginning on April 2, 2021 (on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 10AM and 1PM), take a journey back in time as you stroll down historic Lancaster city blocks and hear stories from passionate tour guides. There’s a lot to learn as you meander the beautiful streets, passing a variety of architectural styles and unique shops along the way. Discover how Lancaster played an important role in the Underground Railroad and was even the nation’s capitol for one day.
- Strasburg Scooters (Strasburg & Bird-In-Hand, PA) – Why not explore beautiful Lancaster County on a guided scooter tour? Ditch the windows and AC for a real Amish experience by traveling through the country back roads on a scooter (single or double seat, as well as three-wheeled scoot coupes available). Ride through picturesque Amish farmlands, see horse and buggies along the way, discover historic covered bridges and breathe in the fresh air on a scooter tour this spring!
- Covered Bridge Tour (Lancaster County) – If discovering old charm and sparking romance is on your to-do list this spring, then be sure to check out over two dozen covered bridges all across Lancaster County. Choose one of five different driving (or biking if you’re feel really ambitious!) tour maps and hit the road! Each set of directions includes several historic covered bridges, suggestions for things to do along the way and unique Lancaster County towns and all they have to offer.
- Biking Trails (Lancaster County) – Grab a bike (either your own or rent one) for a ride around Lancaster County – either on the surrounding country backroads or on one of our established bike trails. No matter if you are a casual or experienced rider, Lancaster County hosts a variety of trails in varying distances. Wind along the river, bike through lush green farmlands and breathe in the fresh countryside air as you zip through beautiful Lancaster.
- Parks & Nature Preserves (Lancaster County) – Hiking trails, picnic areas, environmental centers, ball fields, tennis courts, playgrounds, gardens, wildflowers and flowing streams galore – Lancaster County parks and nature preserves have it all! If basking in the sun and being surrounded by nature sounds appealing, then be sure to check out all that Lancaster wildlife, parks and nature preserves have to offer.
- Ghost Tours of Lancaster (Downtown Lancaster) – What better way to end the day then going on a guided candlelight walking tour in the heart of PA Dutch and Amish country?! Explore the long-forgotten mysteries of one of America’s oldest cities and enjoy haunting tales from the past 300 years in the Red Rose City. Advance ticket sales are available, as well as private and group tours.
* While booking experiences in the Lancaster, PA area during your stay at the Fulton Steamboat Inn, be sure to review the specific websites carefully to ensure their hours of operation, capacity limits, COVID restrictions, etc.
The Fulton Steamboat Inn should be your first-pick Lancaster, PA hotel!
No matter the season or circumstances surrounding the COVID pandemic, there are still an abundance of safe and fun activities for everyone to enjoy while staying in Lancaster. When searching for lodging in Lancaster, PA this spring, the Fulton Steamboat Inn is the ideal location for all things Amish countryside and charming adventure. Grab your bike, hiking boots and sunglasses and get ready for some fun!
After your fun-filled day outside exploring all that Lancaster has to offer, unwind by our firepit, soak in our heated indoor pool or whirlpool spa, enjoy our other nice amenities and relax in our beautiful guest rooms to complete your spring getaway. We have been and continue to take enhanced health and safety measures with you, our other guests and our team members in mind.
Hotel reservations can be made online or by contacting us at (717) 299-9999. We look forward to being your #1 Lancaster, PA hotel this spring while you explore the great outdoors.